Hi! I’m Brook. I’m a business coach who helps service professionals excel at digital marketing.
There are just two things that business coaches are good for – blind spots and short-cuts. Our blind spots can cost us a lot of money. And the worst part? We’re oblivious. You don’t know what you don’t know. Sometimes a tiny tweak to your process or change in our perspective brings a massive leap forward.
Short-cuts save you time, money and heartache. Now I’m playing the long game in business and I suspect you are too. I’d far rather treat people well and trust that it’s coming back to me, than make a fast buck. But that doesn’t mean we’ll refuse a smart short-cut, right?
Your digital marketing business coach
“I don’t know whether to love or hate you. You keep inspiring me to do more and more. Your ideas and insights have been invaluable and, thanks to our collaboration, my business has taken on a exciting new direction. Even though you are keeping me very busy, I wouldn’t change a thing! Thank you Brook!”
Andi Kiprillis, YogaPlus.com.au.
How to know if you would benefit from a business coach:
- You have clients who love you, just not enough of them.
- You get great feedback and good word-of-mouth referrals, but business isn’t steady or predictable.
- You have plenty of great ideas but trouble discerning the good ones from the rest.
- You are prone to changing direction and sometimes lack follow through.
- You’ve been told your business is different but you struggle to simply and compellingly explain how you differ, to prospects.
- You know you need to get better at selling but it still feels awkward and uncomfortable, or perhaps even downright excruciating.
- You believe you have insight into what you clients and community want but have been disappointed too many times by launching something new to lacklustre response.
- Although you’re sure you need to get better at working on your business rather than in it, you are reacting and responding and often overwhelmed with the countless things that demand your attention.
- You have had enough of entertaining mixed feelings about what you want and whether you should want it, and ready to do the work to make it happen.
You believe you’re on the right path. You are fiercely independent and derive great satisfaction from crafting your own living, on your own terms, using your own smarts. I salute you. Self-employment ain’t easy. As a business owner for more than eight years now, believe me when I say I know how you feel.
I’ve met countless extremely talented people who are truly gifted at what they do, with clients who adore them, but they are struggling to earn good money and feeling tired, worn down and perhaps a little over it. They often believe that they need to figure everything out by themselves.
That is simply not true.
What makes me qualified to be business coaching
I’ve been working in small businesses my entire career. I began working in online communications in 2005 when I was a PR consultant managed an international corporation’s website, and loved the instantaneous feedback after publishing a web article or sending out a mass email.
We consistently blew our best-ever month-on-month, so much so that the client’s communications head honcho in Sweden wanted to know just what exactly I was doing that was bringing such results. It was easy to explain – I was simply writing more interesting, newsworthy, topical articles in a respectful, intelligent tone-of-voice.
In early 2008, I began working for myself, establishing Yoga Reach, an online marketing consultancy especially for yoga and wellbeing businesses. I knew there was a market for helping yoga and wellbeing people to use digital marketing and (then emerging) social media to quickly, easily and effectively reach more people.
“I decided to engage Brook as my business coach because I’d worked with her before and I knew she knew her stuff and I wanted someone ‘in the know’ to support me during my first online course launch. Brook helped me in those pivotal days to focus on the key tasks that were essential, not only to the smooth running of the course, but reaching the people who would be most likely to benefit and would purchase. She was, variously, my teacher, trainer, cheer-squad, confidant, accountability coach, and business manager and it made the whole experience that much more easy. Brook is a great combination of supportive, plain speaking, encouraging, and firm when required.”
My first client was Byron Yoga Centre, one of Australia’s largest and longest-running studios, and I had six retainer clients (that I serviced for 2-3 years) within two months of commencing. Within three months of self-employment, I was earning the same as in my former PR agency role.
Since 2008, I’ve work with hundreds of sole traders, business owners and entrepreneurs from a variety of industries, on how to sharpen their strategy, tighten their focus, magnify their reach and grow their business.
I’ve scrutinised how businesses race ahead, where they typically encounter speed humps. I know that you want to bring together your passion and expertise with a prosperous, sustainable business that exists independent of your day-to-day efforts. You’d like to work for the love and the money. I get it. I do too.
Perhaps you’ve tried a few sales or marketing techniques that everybody else is doing. Maybe you’ve taken a few courses or had coaching where you’ve been told to jump on the latest bright shiny thing, but it just doesn’t sit right.
I don’t want you to do that. I don’t want to be another item on your to-do list. I want to work with your innate strengths and talents to help you craft your perfect-for-you business, one that keeps your community empowered, inspired … and growing.
“I needed help to restart my business marketing because I didn’t have enough clients. I find Brook’s clarity really helpful. She challenges a lot of my assumptions and gets me out of my comfort zone.
The process of working together is excellent. I’ve had a huge amount of practical advice on everything from putting together proposals to writing for my audience. Since coaching, I’ve made changes to my website, started blogging, changed where and how I work, and been far more productive. Brook’s advice on improving SEO led to a new client finding me only through my website for the first time ever! Brook cheered me on as I prepared my proposal and I landed a big new contract. I feel far more confident in my business and where I’m headed since coaching.”
Catherine O’Dwyer, O’Dwyer Accreditation
This one-to-one mentor program is the culmination of my experience and expertise from more than eleven years’ experience in digital marketing and communications, and my customer-centric approach gained from two years as a small group tour leader in south-east Asia (where interpersonal skills were a must, to quickly gaining people’s trust, bond a group of diverse, intercultural individuals, while dealing with often unpredictable and stressful situations).
I’ve been told that I’m not a typical business coach.
I’m opinionated and highly practical, with real-world, up-to-date digital marketing experience. I love delving into digital detail and helping you create a personal, customised approach that’s perfectly suited to you, rather than give big, broad recommendations that you could find in any other business book.
I’ve been told that I’m more like a marketing consultant, business advisor, reputation management strategist or technical trainer.
I speak from real-life experience. My advice and recommendations are tailored to your individual needs and ambitions. Although I specialise in digital marketing for small business owners, a lot of my suggestions are tried-and-true techniques: like building real life relationships, writing direct pitches, and (shock! horror!) picking up the phone more often to talk with your clients and community.
Give me four months of your time and attention and I’ll help your business to thrive. You’ll leave each of our sessions with actionable ideas, ordered by priority, and smart, long-term strategy for growing your influence, increasing your profits, and fine-tuning your progress.
Perfect-for-you one-to-one mentorship
You have a unique business.
Your goals don’t look like anyone else’s.
I have no off-the-shelf template.
We can steer this in any direction you choose.
Together, we can cover:
“I engaged Brook because I wanted to build the foundation for my future and make a full-time living out of yoga. I’d met Brook in person and resonated with her sense of humour. I also loved reading her blog. Working with Brook has been fast-moving, yet I’ve felt safe and motivated the entire time. She picked up on my situations very quickly and gave me the necessary mindset and encouragement to not doubt myself so much.
Since working with Brook, I wrote The Clean Yogi book and invited international yogis like Amy Ippoliti, Tiffany Cruickshank and others to contribute. I’ve taught at various festivals around Australia, including Evolve and Wanderlust. I spent almost three months in Fiji offering retreats and teaching yoga in 2014, and I stayed grounded and focused – most of the time – even being involved in so many massive things.
Brook taught me how to be more bold and direct in my communications with my clients and collaborators and to see the things as they are, without feeling so personally affected. It felt safe to express my fears, struggles and to be honest, because you created the space for it and you were too. The sessions were intense, focused and always left me with a juicy heap of inspiration and motivation. I felt strong and totally on the right path.”
- Business by design: Businesses often grows organically in a direction that doesn’t really work for us. We’ll dig into your dream lifestyle and bigger vision for your business to help craft a perfect-for-you business by design.
- Uncover your ideal client: Knowing exactly who is perfect for your business makes it all so much easier! Your ideal client is ready for what you offer, gains the most out of it, and is the most enthusiastic, making them a joy to work with.
- Know your strengths: We’ll dive deep into your particular stories, talents, experiences and expertise in order to play to your strengths, better define your point of difference and know how to work in a way which works with your innate strengths, not against them.
- Define your difference: Crafting your business story not only helps differentiate you from your competitors, it will attract your ideal client, and it’s FUN!
- Profits and pricing: Clarity around profit means you make empowered decisions and can price your offerings accordingly.
- Designing and refining your seductive offerings: Transform your offerings so they speak directly to the wants and desires of your ideal clients while serving their specific needs.
- Compelling communications: Writing is one of the essential skills of any business owner. We’ll carefully comb through every word on your website and key communications to ensure that they connect with your people in an authentic and effective manner.
- Authentic marketing: Effective marketing communications and strategy that resonates with you and your business, not copies what everyone else is doing.
- List growth: Most everybody wants to know how to build their list! Regardless of where your list is at, we’ll work through effective strategies to build your list and keep them engaged and enthused about your offerings so that marketing becomes so much easier.
- Devilish digital details: Together, we’ll go through your digital footprint, from your website, to your email onboarding process, social media channels, e-commerce flow, advertising and internal communications, to ensure that every little detail reflects your business value while cultivating relationships and converting strangers into clients.
This coaching program is more than the sum of its parts. It means you’ll have my brain, heart and industry connections to help you take your business to the next level.
I decided to work with Brook when I needed help determining the best direction to take my business. We talked through my personal story, expertise and experience and did some search engine research to uncover the popular search phrases in my desired niche. With her hands-on tech help and support, we changed my business name, website and branding and I have a clear new focus for my business.
Coaching with Brook helped me crystallise my ideas into small, actionable chunks, all with the bigger end-goal in mind. Brook’s advice shows an in-depth knowledge of online marketing coupled with her genuine desire to help you make the most of your potential. Coaching has saved me significant time and money. Plus it’s great not to feel so alone in exploring my ideas and building my business.
What to expect
- One-to-one support twice a month for four months (8 sessions in total).
- Our first session together is 90 hours minutes minimum, where we dive deep to uncover exactly where you are now and where you want to be in five years’ time (because if we can describe it, we’re half-way towards getting it). Each session thereafter is 60 minutes.
- You can email or text me in between our sessions for those freak-outs/epiphanies.
- I share my industry contacts and little black book of trusted creative marketers (invaluable!).
- Together we’ll go through your marketing communications to ensure that it speaks to your ideal client and compels them to act.
- You’ll also receive any supporting information, templates and exercises that I’ve developed, which have been tried and tested in large and small training groups and with my clients.
- A 15% discount with no expiry which you can apply to any of my online courses (excluding my group coaching program, Hustle & Heart).
This could be perfect for you if …
You’re not afraid of hard work but you want to see results, dammit!
You want to whip things into streamlined, super-organised, optimised-and-radicalised shape.
You want your brand to be a far more accurate and powerful reflection of your business.
You want to spoil your clients and community and make them feel special, while also respecting your own boundaries, knowing that you have to be in the best shape possible if you are to truly be of service to your community.
You want to work for the love and the money.
“I choose Brook as my business coach because I know a couple of businesses that have worked with her and I’ve seen them develop from strength to strength. The process was seamless and casual, with plenty of space for me to discuss my ideas and concerns without the need to follow a strict structure. Since working with Brook, I’ve niched my business to focus on women’s health and packaged my nutrition services. Before coaching, I was vague and unclear about who I was targeting in my marketing and what I actually wanted to achieve. Now, I have clear vision that I’m actively working towards. The process was extremely insightful and I was surprised to find that I learnt a lot about myself as well as my business. It was absolutely worthwhile.”
You are ready to take your business to the next level through upgrading your skills, implementing plans, learning, doing, refining and shining.
You are not afraid of experimenting or of taking chances.
Not all matches are made in heaven. This may not be for you if:
- You’re happy with your business and where things are headed.
- You are looking to for a secret formula to grow your business quickly without any additional effort.
- You can’t afford this (I do not recommend you go into debt to do this).
- You already have a plan and know what you need to do but you need motivation (you’ll likely want a motivational coach. That’s not me, but I’ll happily recommend some great coaches for you if you get in touch).
- You want someone to do everything for you (in which case, I’ll happily recommend copy writers, website designers, SEO consultants, or VAs).
- You are looking to give away responsibility for your business successes and failures.
- You aren’t willing or able to dedicate at least two extra hours a week, on top of your normal work, to put plans into action outside of our sessions.
$2400 in full upfront
(Australians have additional GST.)
Or, $690/month for 4 months
Set up through your credit card. (Australians have additional GST.)
Are you ready to save yourself time, inefficiency, money and stress by seeking the help you need to further develop your business?
I only see a maximum of six coaching clients at any one time to keep my time and attention with you as focused and fresh as possible. Currently, four out of six spots are taken and wait time to start is currently three weeks, so click the ‘apply now’ button to begin the process.
If you’re keen to do business coaching with me but can’t afford it, then I recommend you check out my group coaching program Hustle & Heart. There’s plenty of coaching and interaction, including one-to-one time.
I look forward to reviewing your application and, hopefully, working with you.
“I started coaching with Brook as my business was going through a period of growth and change. I felt overwhelmed and had been stuck in the same spot. Through our coaching together, Brook gave me a more systematic knowledge of what steps I need to take to set up and increase my online presence, and then some. I now know how to build my business in a simpler, easier way rather than feeling like there was no clear order and that my actions were ‘hit and miss’. It was wonderful having help to order and prioritise my business life, with homework tasks to focus my progress. I really liked Brook’s focused and efficient ‘keep it simple’ no-nonsense approach. Her knowledge and ability to help me manage my online presence was invaluable. Brook skilfully guided me, making the complex simple and the path clear. Her coaching opened up the next step of my business development, and the possibilities are so exciting …
Lisa Fitzpatrick, LisaFitzpatrick.com.au
“So often as yoga teachers, our hearts and heads are full of yoga. We fall into running our own businesses but there are so many crucial skills we need that we just don’t know about.
After seven years of relying on word-of-mouth to keep my yoga business ticking along, I’m now seeing obvious positive changes having worked with Brook.
I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending her courses and coaching.”
Mitch Gibson, Yogabowl
“Before coaching, I had a website I was scared to update and I wasn’t sure exactly what I should be doing to market my business. Brook worked with me to rewrite key web pages and trained me in WordPress and my Constant Contact email. I am now far more confident and focused, plus I’m much quicker doing my marketing, rather than getting stuck every step of the way. Now I can focus on actually doing the work I want to do. Brook is very intuitive and insightful. These are great gifts for a coach to have. I was never made to feel silly for not knowing something but was empowered to use the tools to do it myself. The money spent on coaching with Brook quickly comes back in more work from my clients.”
Diana Bonwick, Wu Tao Yoga
Check out the following case studies with former business coaching clients:
Lauren Tober came to me to help launch her very first e-course.
Ann Marie Johnston engaged me to help her launch an app and brand new business.
Gina George saw me to help her build her graphic design business while cutting down on the endless busywork.
Alexa Nehter engaged me as to help grow her professional reputation as a highly sought after international yoga teacher while becoming better organised and proactive with her numerous projects and collaborations.